On November 16, 2020 the planning world lost a leader, advocate, and friend. We need your help to honor Tommy Pacello’s professional impact and fingerprint on our communities. As a placemaker, his influence, innovation and enthusiasm will live on in so many places for so long that he will be ever present with us. We want to try and capture these widespread gifts in a video that will be used to both inspire other real estate professionals and one day to share his gifts with his daughters as they visit the places he helped create and get to know that side of him. Here is what we need you to do:
- Think of a place Tommy either directly impacted or a place you implemented advice or an idea of his.
- Print off one of the “Tommy Is Here” signs here.
- Go to the location and record a video talking about Tommy holding the sign. Share the advice/input/inspiration he gave, and how it influenced the space and the people in it.
- Send the video to Anna Holtzclaw at ULI Memphis: email@example.com. Include your name, city, and the name of the project or place if applicable.
A few things about recording your video.
- Start your video with your version of “Hi, I’m Anna, and Tommy is here in the Medical District in Memphis, TN…”
- Record your video horizontally.
- Be brief – we want to capture the projects – but we also anticipate there will be a lot 🙂
Here are some answers…
- More than one place he influenced? Make a longer video and include them all.
- Can’t get to the site right now or the project was a temporary installation? Include pictures and images in your video. Please also send the pictures and images to Anna with the video.
- Don’t have a printer? Make your own “Tommy Is Here” sign.
- Feel like you don’t know him well enough or maybe you never met him, but you saw him speak somewhere? Send us a video too – our goal is to try and capture how influential he was to everyone.
- Do these steps seem restrictive? Do what Tommy would do – ignore them and do something innovative and creative! In other words, don’t let anything get in your way of contributing.
Our plan is to compile all of these stories into one great video capturing his influence and the places he helped build. Earlier this week someone said “The great thing about Tommy is he shows us that you don’t have to be a millionaire to have real impact in real estate.” This video will help demonstrate that to the world.
So, go make the videos. Share this with others who have stories to share and places to show off. Our goal is to collect all of the videos by the end of the year and work on compiling everything in early 2021.
Thanks in advance for helping celebrate Tommy’s impact in the world.