Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDi)
The ULI Memphis Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDi) Program helps participants learn more about what it takes to put together a successful development. Participants will receive a comprehensive curriculum and will gain experience working together on a real-world case study. Participants can further their careers by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges and opportunities in the local industry and apply lessons to a project as their group devises plans for development on a specific site. Each team will produce a development plan, pro-forma, and marketing plan. Chosen participants will engage in both large group and small group mentoring sessions. The ideal participant will be working in the field, have an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience and a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
REDi 2019 Application is Now Open! Due June 1st, 2019 at 6:00 pm.
Eligibility and Cost
- Anyone can apply but preference will be given to people of color and women.
- 100% attendance is required.
- Registration is $300 payable upon acceptance to the program.
- Free one-year membership to ULI Memphis, with access to more than 200 members working in many different areas of the real estate industry.
- Certificate of completion.
- Professional Real Estate Development: The ULI Guide to the Business textbook, By Richard Peiser and David Hamilton ($99.95 value).
- One-on-one mentoring and education worth more than $15,000.
- A new network of allied professionals.
2019 REDi Sponsors
2019 Fall Schedule
ALL SESSIONS are 3 HOURS, 1:30 – 4:30 PM unless noted.
Note: Although the dates are finalized, the details of the schedule and agendas are still in progress. A final schedule will be made available by June 30th.
Session 1: August 19th
Kick off and Curriculum Introduction
Session 2: August 26th
Site Visit, Real Estate Trends, Site Opportunities and Challenges
Session 3: September 9th
Market Analysis & Feasibility
Session 4: September 16th
Site Visioning, Leadership in Development & Employment Practices
Session 5: September 23rd
Back of the Envelope Feasibility
Session 6: September 30th
Site Planning & Design
Session 7: October 7th
Environmental Review & Design Working Session
Session 8: October 21st
Session 9: October 28th
Financing (Equity and Debt)
Session 10: November 4th
Studio Session: Market Analysis & Proforma (2 hours 2:30 – 4:30)
Session 11: November 18th
Studio Session: Design (2 hours 2:30 – 4:30)
Session 12: December 2nd
Studio session: Pitch & Presentation (2 hours 2:30 – 4:30)
Session 13: December 9th
Practice Presentations (2 hours 2:30 – 4:30)
Session 14: December 16th
Final Presentations and Graduation (2 hours 2:30 – 6:00)