Happy 2013! We hope you’ve had a great and productive start to the new year.
We are working hard to roll out some great programs for 2013. New years bring change, and we want to share a revamp to our annual program calendar. We will offer 5 types of programming:
- Content & Cocktails: Quarterly membership meetings that include and update on a local project and some networking/social time. Join us February 26 on Broad Avenue for a Complete Streets update, and on May 7 we will be at the Crosstown project.
- ULI National Programs: Every year we present ULI’s national report on Infrastructure in late spring and Emerging Trends in November.
- Workshops: We will begin offering a series of programs that are topic driven and have an educational focus in a more intimate classroom setting. These will be limited to 20-30 people and members will be given priority registration. Topics include: Incentives, Memphis’ Infrastructure Costs, Low Impact Developments, and more.
- Forums: Larger programs designed to appeal to a large audience and introduce projects and best practices to our community. Topics in the works: Bringing author Jeff Speck to Memphis, Aerotropolis, Green Infrastructure, and more.
- What’s Next in Memphis Coffee Chat Series: Six members only coffee chats with thought leaders from our community discussing Memphis’ future. Committeed in 2013: Mayor Luttrell, Susan Stephenson, Duncan Williams and Henry Turley. Each chat will be limited to 15 members.
As part of this new program structure, we are also striving to provide greater value to your ULI membership. Watch prices go up for non-member attendees at events this year; when possible we will give priority registration to ULI members and we will host several members only events.
We are looking forward to seeing you in 2013!