UrbanPlan is an engaging workshop that convenes community leaders to participate in a simulated planning exercise that results in an interactive dialogue about the fundamental forces that affect the built environment and the important leadership roles involved in planning efforts. By taking on the role of developer, participants in the workshop get a chance to broaden their knowledge in the following areas:
- the basics of a pro forma and funding of a complex project;
- the economics of different building types and community benefits;
- the different time horizons for the public and private sectors;
- the risk associated with lengthy negotiations among all parties; and
- the importance of a clear and open process in the selection of a private partner.
ULI Memphis seeks proposals for an independent contractor, retained for a period of twelve (12) months. See full description here: Memphis Urban Plan RFP