Technical Assistance Programs (TAPs) provide strategic advice to sponsors on complex land use and real estate development issues. The TAPs program links local public agencies and nonprofit organizations to the expert knowledge and experience of our ULI members.
The TAPs program has been successful nationwide due its comprehensive, pragmatic approach to solving land use challenges.
- Each TAP panel follows a proven process that begins with a conversation between our Community Outreach committee and the community sponsor to frame the assignment.
- We assemble an interdisciplinary panel of up to 10 volunteers who study the assignment thoroughly.
- The panel interviews stakeholders to gain a comprehensive understanding of the issue and possible solutions.
- Panels approach the assignment from all perspectives, including market potential, land use and design, financing and development strategies, and organizing and implementation.
- The panel collaborates and makes recommendations to the sponsor along with a public presentation of the outcomes.
For more information on TAPs please contact Tonya Meeks at [email protected].