The Tommy Pacello Award will be given annually by ULI Memphis to honor a small scale development project that demonstrates the attributes Tommy encouraged and inspired: “small scale, low cost, high impact projects”. We encourage the submission of all projects with no minimum or maximum size or cost. Projects may be an implementation of tactical urbanism or a fully realized real estate project. The only requirement is the project occurred or was completed 2019-2021. The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Collaborative effort in which neighborhood residents were involved.
- Challenges the way things are done and/or had a creative design solution.
- Edgy, innovative, adds character or improves the streetscape.
- Exemplifies the UDC code improvements Tommy championed.
- Brings part of a neighborhood to life that previously had been left behind.
ULI Memphis is accepting nominations for the first annual award through August 10, 2021. The award winner will be announced at the annual meeting on August 23, 2022. A nominations form can be found at the link below.